List of all New York sportsbooks
NY sportsbooks are working hard to get your attention right now. You’ve got options. We’re here to help you break down those options and discover the best online sportsbooks in New York December 2022. We’ve done the footwork—it’s time for you to enjoy the benefits and the list of all New York sportsbooks.
Compare NY sportsbooks
With so many sportsbooks flooding the market, how do you choose the best? Is there really that much difference between the sportsbooks? There really is.
We’re going to unpack what separates a strong sportsbook from a weak one. We’ll factor in elements like spotting a trustworthy site, and working out your NY sportsbook banking options for withdrawals and deposits. We’ll show you how to search out the best NY sportsbook bonuses.
We’ll let you in on why pro sports bettors and casual sports betting fans have more than one sportsbook app on their devices. We’re also going to give you our top list of NY sportsbooks of 2022. So let’s do it.
NY sportsbooks timeline
NY sportsbooks might be in full swing now—but it was a journey getting here. If you can’t remember the key dates to the NY sportsbooks roll out, here’s a refresher course:
- January 8, 2022: NY sportsbooks officially open state-wide.
- December 6, 2021: Successful sportsbook applicants are announced—each one is able to launch four NY sports betting skins in-state
- September 1, 2021: New York State Gaming Commission starts screening oral presentations from applicants
- August 9, 2021: NYS Gaming Commission releases the official applicants list for NY online sportsbooks. Kambi Group submits two applications—one for Barstool and Fanatics, and one for Caesars Sportsbook, Resorts World, PointsBet, BetRivers, and WynnBet. FanDuel applies for itself plus DraftKings, BetMGM, and Bally Bet. The other applicants are FOX Bet, Bet365, and theScore Bet.
- July 2, 2021: NYS Gaming Commission misses the deadline to announce bidding from online sportsbook applicants. They will make the announcement on July 9.
- May 26,2021: Offshore sportsbook Bovada withdraws from trading in New York, due to changes in regulations.
- April 22, 2021: NY sportsbook licensing costs are announced. $25 million for a 10-year license and $5 million for server housing at one of the four in-state casinos. It is also announced that up to 50% of sportsbook revenue could be paid as a state tax.
- April 19, 2021: NY online sports betting is made official when Gov. Cuomo signs it into law. The launch date is set as either the end of 2021 or before the opening of Super Bowl LVI in February, 2022.
- Jan 6, 2021: After Covid-19 severely impacts the state economy in 2020, NY Gov. Cuomo makes an abrupt change and announces that mobile sports betting in New York will be made legal. It will be included in the 2021 budget proposal.
- Jan 2022: Sportsbooks in NY are Live and Legal!
Best New York sportsbooks 2022
All New York sportsbooks: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the state
|DraftKings Sportsbook Up to $1,000 Deposit Match||Bet now DraftKings NY promo code|
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,250 bonus + 1,000 credits||Bet now Caesars New York promos|
|BetRivers Sportsbook 2nd Chance free bet up to $100||Bet now BetRivers New York promos|
|FanDuel Sportsbook No sweat first bet up to $1,000||Bet now FanDuel New York promos|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Risk-Free bet up to $1000||Bet now BetMGM New York promos|
|Pointsbet Sportsbook 5 X $100 free bets||Bet now Pointsbet NY promo code|
Using multiple NY online sportsbooks
It takes time to build up a stable of New York sports betting —but it’s a crucial element of your sports betting strategy. With all the NY sportsbooks online on the market, you’ll want to make sure you have the best.
Best NY online sportsbook odds
The top New York sportsbooks have to stay agile—they keep their odds competitive and offer extensive betting lines. The variation between sites might seem negligible, but choosing the best odds for your bet can provide a comfortable cushion to your bottom line over a year.
All NY online sportsbook perks
Let’s face it: some sportsbooks offer a better service in a particular area than their competitors. Such is the case with live betting, for example. While more of the top-tier sports that NY sportsbooks offer it now, some do it better than others (like FanDuel).
If you have a certain betting line in mind for an upcoming event, you’ll want to make sure you’re set up to take advantage of the best sportsbook for your needs.
Guide NY online sportsbook offers
We’ll be unpacking New York online sports betting bonuses shortly. Sportsbook bonuses are one of the main reason you should have a stable of sportsbooks. Plan on putting down $25 on a Knicks’ win this weekend?
Then you should be checking which NY sportsbooks are offering the best deposit bonus, risk free bet, or free bet bonus. In short: you get more bang for your buck when you leverage your NY sports betting bonuses.
Better product somewhere else
There comes a time when even the most loyal sports bettor may need to dump their ride or die sportsbook. It happens, unfortunately.
If it happens to you, you’ll want to have an established history with its competitors. It’ll mean less of a transition period, more insight into which sportsbooks offer what you want, and an understanding of its operations (although, to be fair, almost every sportsbook has a familiar layout).
Let’s say you switch from iOS to Android. Does your sportsbook offer a high-performance Android app? You’ll want to know that in advance.
Complete list of all New York sportsbooks
This is the complete list of all legal New York online sportsbooks in 2022.
- Caesars Sportsbook
- PointsBet Sportsbook
- BetMGM Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- BetRivers – Sportsbook
- WynnBET Sportsbook
- Bally Bet Sportsbook
- Resorts World Bet Sportsbook
Top list of New York online sportsbooks, how they work
Here’s the quick answer:
- Is this a legal New York online sportsbook?
- Does this NY online sportsbooks have a good reputation?
- Does this NY online sportsbook have good banking options?
- Who has the best New York online sports betting bonuses?
Is this a legal New York online sportsbook?
If we recommend it, you can guarantee we’re talking about a legal and licensed NY online sportsbook. We trust it—and our readers can, too.
At this stage, New York State law allows for two platform providers—each of which has “skins” it has assigned to its corresponding mobile apps. These are the only legally licensed NY sportsbook apps you’ll want to be running in-state.
Does this NY sportsbook have a good reputation?
NY sportsbook apps worked hard to secure approval, to build partnerships, and to meet all the legal criteria laid out by the NYSGC. They also offer a level of protection you can’t get at rogue sports gambling sites.
If you want to do some background checks of your own—and why wouldn’t you?—have a look at some independent reviews. The best NY sportsbooks should have a history of honoring payouts, processing banking options fast, resolving customer complaints, and being transparent.
What is transparency at a NY sportsbook?
- Clear, easy-to-find terms and conditions
- Understandable bonus structure
- Secure payment protocols
- A secure website (check for the padlock up in the URL bar)
- Multiple customer support options
Great banking options at NY sportsbooks
Banking options at NY sportsbooks can be…complicated. Just because you can make a deposit by credit card, doesn’t mean you can withdraw (or cash out) to a credit card. The same goes for other banking options, too.
But, generally speaking, every reputable, licensed in-state sportsbook will accept:
- ACH (eCheck) for NY sportsbook deposits and withdrawals
- Major credit / debit cards for NY sportsbook deposits
- Major ewallet providers for NY sportsbook deposits (and some for withdrawals)
Best sportsbooks offers in New York
It’s hard to answer definitively, which is why having a selection of sportsbooks to choose from is going to be important. Since a bonus is one of the best tools a sportsbook has to entice you, it makes sense that there are a lot of them.
Shop around before you place a wager online, and you could tighten up your profit margin handsomely. Here’s what you need to know for now, about the New York betting bonuses:
- Sign up bonus / welcome offer
- Free bets
- Deposit bonuses
- Deposit matches
- No deposit bonuses
- Risk free bets
- Mobile bonuses
- Reward / Loyalty programs
Top list of sportsbooks in New York
Our top list of New York online sportsbooks hit all the marks on our list. They operate soundly. They provide a quality, secure sports betting platform online, they have generous bonuses, and they deliver a high-end user experience.
They’re also some of the biggest names in the sports betting game—backed by even bigger names in the US gambling industry. Without further ado—here they are.
Before DraftKings NY moved into the online sportsbook space, they already had a retail space at Del Lago Resort Casino in Waterloo.
DraftKings came in as part of the FanDuel application—a move which shocked a lot of New York sports betting enthusiasts. What shocked nobody was that they’ve delivered their signature level of top-tier performance and competitive betting menus.
What’s to love about DraftKings NY:
- Strong functionality on iOS and Android
- Generous bonuses and good daily promotions on offer
- Fast payouts and good banking options
- Deep variety in the daily betting menu
FanDuel online sportsbook
FanDuel NY had retail space at Tioga Downs in Nicols, and led the charge as a group application to the NYSGC with DraftKings, BetMGM and Bally Bet. As one of the most well-known new online sportsbooks in NY, they’ve got a feature-rich platform.
What’s to love about FanDuel sportsbook New York:
- Impressive boosted odds
- The best live betting platform on the market
- Extensive betting lines across all major US sports
The last on our list to enter the New York online gaming sphere with FanDuel, BetMGM is a sportsbook giant in its own right. Glossy, ultra-responsive, and with its finger on the pulse across all major domestic and international leagues, BetMGM is a fan favorite in the Empire State.
What’s to love about BetMGM sportsbook New York:
- The fastest verification process in the state
- Instant deposit and payout options
- Competitive odds on major sporting events
- One of the best loyalty programs
BetRivers online sportsbook
BetRivers is already well established in-state, with Rivers Casino and Resort in Schenectady even playing host to politicians and pro athletes at the 2019 launch of legal sports betting in New York. Coming in under the Kambi Group umbrella alongside PointsBet and Caesars, this ultra-popular sportsbook is a front-runner for sports-betting fans.
What’s to love about BetRivers sportsbook New York:
- Generous bonuses and boosted odds
- High performing futures market
- Good prob bet flexibility
- Strong moneyline performance
Pointsbet online sportsbook
Pointsbet New York got a streamlined interface with competitive New York sports betting odds and access to excellent sports commentary and oddsmakers. It also gained massive in-state support for coming in as a standalone applicant in the battle for one of the two sportsbook platforms available in 2022.
- Generous daily promotions
- Top commentary across all major sporting codes
- Competitive betting lines in multiple markets
Other sportsbooks in New York
- WynnBet sportsbook New York
- Bally bet New York
- Resorts World sportsbook New York
- Caesars sportsbook New York
The NY sportsbook industry is filled with options—so it pays to know which ones are best for your sports betting needs. In this guide, we’ve broken down one of the most complicated elements of sports betting online: choosing a New York online sportsbook.
Now you know that one isn’t enough—and we’ve armed you with everything you need to build your stable. It’s time to get betting. With online casinos on the rise in NY, you can find the best New York online casinos and what it entails.
FAQ’s About New York online sportsbooks
How do I start online sports betting in New York?
First, you’ll need to be 21 or over. Then, you’ll need to join a sportsbook. After that, you’ll need to make a deposit to your sportsbook account, and you’ll be ready to go.
How do I make my first bet at an online NY sportsbook?
Select your sport, event, and match. Enter your bet on your betting slip (it’ll be clearly visible on the page). Follow the prompts, check—and double check!—your betting slip, and finalize your bet. Good luck to you!
What are the most popular NY sports betting banking options?
We recommend ACH (eCheck) or PayPal. Credit and debit card are fine, too, but it can be hit or miss as to whether you can withdraw your winnings to a card.
What are some good events first time NY sports fans bet on?
The Super Bowl, the NBA Finals, the Stanley Cup, the Kentucky Derby, and the PGA golf events are some of the most popular in New York. Of course, the World Series of baseball is still New York’s favorite event.
I’m not in New York. How do I use my New York sports betting app?
You can still use your NY sportsbook when you’re out of state—but you can’t place a wager until you’re in New York again.